[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Job advertisement for PostDoc & Research Associate in Virtual Reality/Visualization at NTU Institute for Media Innovation, Singapore
Daniel Thalmann (Prof)
danielthalmann at ntu.edu.sg
Fri Apr 29 08:53:57 CEST 2016
Research Fellow/Research Associate in Virtual Reality/Visualization
The Institute for Media Innovation (IMI http://imi.ntu.edu.sg/ ) at Nanyang Technological University immediately invites applications for post-doc research fellow and research associate positions to work in our leading research new media Institute (IMI) in Singapore. The responsibilities of the successfully candidates include:
· To contribute to the exciting research in Virtual Reality/Visualization conducted at the leading research Institute for Media Innovation (IMI) in Singapore.
· To conduct cutting-edge research and development works in Virtual Reality for mainly 3D applications with top equipment as an immersive room, medical visualization, oculus rift, 3D screens, etc.
· To develop capabilities and expand career horizon in other research related aspects as 3D modelling and simulation
The candidate should hold a PhD degree for the position of Research Fellow or a Master for the position of Research Associate from a reputed University in the area of Interactive Digital Media, Virtual Reality, Computer Graphics or related fields. The applicant must have experience in the above mentioned area as evidenced by publications in high level international journals and conferences.
· Strong research experience in 3D virtual reality or mixed reality.
· Strong programming and software engineering skills in C++
· Strong communication skills. Must be fluent in spoken and written English and ability to work in an international environment
· A good team player who takes initiative and is resourceful
· Knowledge in Unity Game Engine is a strong plus
Preferred Skills (not required but will be plus)
· Experience with high-performance graphics, including GPU programming, physically-based rendering etc
· Experience with deep learning or other artificial intelligence. Good familiarization with existing framework such as Caffe and preferably demonstrated by publications or completed projects.
· Experience developing software in team using source code management (e.g. git)
Please submit the following to imi-recruitment at ntu.edu.sg<mailto:imi-recruitment at ntu.edu.sg>:
1. Statement of support of application explaining why you believe you are a suitable candidate for this post, how you meet its requirements and the experience which you have that is relevant. Please highlight particular achievements
2. Curriculum vitae with photo
3. Two names and contacts of referees
4. Salary expectation
5. Availability date
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. NTU offers a vibrant multidisciplinary research environment, with both students and faculty members enjoying a host of opportunities for research collaboration with world-leading universities and renowned institutes. There is a strong research culture where innovation and critical enquiry are key features. NTU researchers are immersed in the best of work environment.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email is intended solely for the person(s) named and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it, notify us and do not copy, use, or disclose its contents.
Towards a sustainable earth: Print only when necessary. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions