[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Postdoc and research fellow positions in probabilistic machine learning, DL Sept 20, 2015

Samuel Kaski samuel.kaski at hiit.fi
Sun Aug 30 10:32:20 CEST 2015

We are looking for postdocs and research fellows for machine learning research, with user interaction and visualization being timely topics.

If you are interested in working with me and collaborating research groups, apply to one of these topics in the attached joint call:

5. Probabilistic machine learning
6. Inference on intractable models and interactive intent modelling
7. Augmented research

Inference on intractable models with ABC is a recent promising focus in probabilistic machine learning. In interactive intent modelling we use machine learning to create new types of interactive human-computer interfaces for information retrieval, and more generally to augment research and knowledge work. New solutions for personalized medicine and drug-target prediction are particularly timely goals in all three topics.

Best regards,

Samuel Kaski
http://users.ics.aalto.fi/sami

Postdoctoral Researcher and Research Fellow positions in Computer Science in Helsinki, Finland

Aalto University and the University of Helsinki, the two leading universities in Finland within computer science and information technology, are looking for several researchers in Computer Science. For a more detailed list of the research areas please visit: https://www.hiit.fi/node/3368 Post docs are sought for fixed-term periods of at most three years and research fellows at most five years. Starting and ending dates can be negotiated.

For the full call text and information about the application process please visit http://www.aalto.fi/en/about/careers/jobs/view/562/

Application deadline is 20.9.2015