[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Position: Visual Analytics Developer

Shixia Liu Shixia.Liu at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 1 12:12:33 CEST 2014

Position: Visual Analytics Developer

The Internet Graphics group at Microsoft Research (Beijing) is seeking applicants for a developer on visual analytics. The Internet Graphics group just initiated research in the general area of information visualization, intelligent user interaction, and visual analytics. In particular, we are interested in designing and developing novel visual metaphors and interactive visualization algorithms and technologies that help average users or business users easily consume huge amounts of complex data/information to discover patterns and derive insights. Our group is multi-disciplinary, with members from fields ranging from information visualization, intelligent user interaction, and computer graphics. We also closely collaborated with the Machine Learning and Data Mining groups at MSRA. The complimentary nature of our skills creates an exciting environment for research and exploration.

We are currently seeking a qualified developer who is interested in our efforts in the following areas:

Interactive, visual text analytics: research and develop interactive visual metaphors and tools to transform text collections into a visual representation that helps reveal thematic patterns and locate interesting information.

Interactive, visual social media analysis: research and develop interactive visual metaphors and tools to aid in fast social media exploration and understanding.

Qualifications

Candidates for this position are required to have:

1.        Strong programming skills in C++/C#/JavaScript

2.        Great team player

3.        Excellent oral and written English skills

Job type: Regular.

For more information, or to apply, please contact us at: weiwei.cui at microsoft.com<mailto:weiwei.cui at microsoft.com>

Regards,
Shixia