[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Permanent Researcher Positions at IBM Research Almaden in Visual Analytics and HCI

Michelle X Zhou mzhou at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 29 17:17:25 CET 2014

The User Systems and Experience Research (USER) group at IBM Research -
Almaden in San Jose, California is accepting applications for research
staff member positions in 2014. The USER group focuses on understanding and
improving how people interact with technology (Human-Computer Interaction),
and how people interact with people through the use of technology
(Human-Computer-Human Interaction). We analyze existing practices, build
novel, interactive technologies and systems, and study their impact on real
users, often in the field. Our cross-disciplinary team is comprised of
researchers and software engineers with backgrounds in computer science,
psychology, social science, design, and user experience.
Our current research focuses are two-fold: (1) people modeling, which
involves using people-generated digital footprints, such as social media
data, to derive a better understanding of individuals and groups, and (2)
people engagement, which involves understanding the context in which people
interact with information and social systems and developing novel
interaction metaphors and technologies. We apply our work to a wide variety
to real-world scenarios, including improving collaboration within the
enterprise, enhancing precision marketing, and facilitating real-time,
individualized social media engagements. We seek interns with backgrounds
in computer science, cognitive science, sociology, and design. Applicants
should have a Bachelor’s degree and be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in
Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Information Science,
Psychology, Sociology, Design, or Communications.

The hiring areas this year include visual analytics of big data with a
focus on personality-based visual analytics, privacy-preserving visual
analytics, psycholinguistic analytics from social media, social media
engagements, personality-based intelligent user interaction,
hyper-personalized recommender systems.

To apply, please follow this link:
https://jobs3.netmedia1.com/cp/faces/job_summary?job_id=RES-0627837