[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Funded MSc/PhD Studentships at the University of Calgary’s Computation Media Design (CMD) Program (January 2015 Admission)

Ehud Sharlin ehud at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri Apr 25 13:57:31 CEST 2014

[apologies for cross-postings]

The Computational Media Design (CMD http://www.cmd.ucalgary.ca/)
Graduate Program at the University of Calgary is looking for
exceptional MSc/PhD students to join our program in January 2015.
Successful applicants will become part of a small group of researchers
who are exploring exciting relationships among music, art, design,
science and technology.

The Computational Media Design Graduate program is composed of the
Faculty of Arts: School of Creative and Performing Arts - Music and
Department of Art, the Faculty of Environmental Design and the
Department of Computer Science at the University of Calgary. Students
who complete the CMD program earn graduate degrees, either Master of
Science or PhD, and are funded throughout their studies.

In the expanding world of multimedia and design there is an increasing
need for graduates who can conduct and direct complex projects that
combine computing expertise with the creative vision and energies of
artists and designers. Many opportunities exist for our graduates in
companies whose primary business is game design and development, film,
TV, web design, simulation, networking, interactive media, and mobile
and wearable computing. Interest in our graduates also comes from the
creative fields of dance, music, theatre and the visual arts.

Our research-based graduate degrees explore the relationships between
and among art, music, design, science and technology. Successful
applicants will be supervised by two members of our Faculty
(http://www.ucalgary.ca/cmd/people) enabling them to conduct research
at the intersection of music, art, design and computer science.

We are located at the vibrant city of Calgary, an hour drive away from
the mountains and lakes of the beautiful Canadian Rockies.

Considering applying? Please visit:
http://www.ucalgary.ca/cmd/admission (we are currently looking for a
small number of candidates for January 2015 admission, the application
deadline is June 2nd, 2014).

Thank you,
Ehud Sharlin, CMD Program Director

--