[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Job Listing - UI Developer
Javed, Waqas (GE Global Research)
javed at ge.com
Wed Jun 19 17:23:00 CEST 2013
GE's Software Center of Excellence is looking for a talented web application developer to join our UI team. Kindly see the following for details.
If you are interested in this position feel free to email me your resume at javed at ge.com<mailto:javed at ge.com>.
Business GE Corporate
Business Segment Global Research
Posted Position Title Staff UI Developer
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces California
City San Ramon
Postal Code 94583-9130
Relocation Expenses No
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Have you made a name for yourself unifying many disparate web services into a single amazing user experience? Have you built applications in the Cloud and spent most of the time feeling you could have built a better interface? If so, GE's Software Center of Excellence is looking for a talented web application developer to join our UI team. If you enjoy building amazing customer experiences and like to make difficult things look easy this is the opportunity for you.
As a Senior UI Developer, you will work closely with Designers and System engineers to build and shape the public interface of GE's cloud and web offerings.
As a Senior UI Developer, you will:
1. Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
3. Collaborate with system engineers, backend developers and user experience design teams to implement UI solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
4. Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
2. Minimum of 7 years of experience working in software development Eligibility Requirements:
3. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
4. Ability and willingness to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA
5. Ability and willingness to travel, as required GRCSoftwareCA
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
2. Knowledge of new technologies (such as PHP 5, CSS, HTML5)
4. MySQL or other database experience
5. Experience using SOAP and RESTful web services
6. Solid understanding of scalable design principles
7. Knowledge of written View controller code in any MVC applications
8. Experience in Ajax, JQuery, Java and web services
9. Experience in Web application framework (spring, apache, flex, struts, play)
10. Web container level experience (tomcat, jetty)
11. OI layer level experience (akka,netty,node.js)
12. Solid understanding of Linux or Unix operating systems
13. Experience building web apps in a load balanced environment
14. Experience working with and configuring web servers and databases
15. Understanding of storage systems, firewalls, VPN, networking and/or virtualization technologies
Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Connected Experience Labs
UX Innovation Lab
GE Global Research & Software Center of Excellence
javed at ge.com<mailto:wu at ge.com>
2623 Camino Ramon, Suite 500
San Ramon, CA 94583, United States
General Electric Company
GE imagination at work
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions