[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Visualization and Distributed Graphics Engineer Position at KAUST Visualization Laboratory
daniel.acevedo at kaust.edu.sa
Sat Feb 16 07:00:50 CET 2013
The Visualization and Distributed Graphics Engineer will, as part of a
team, build, and optimize graphics clusters and tiled displays in the
KAUST Visualization Lab (KVL, http://kvl.kaust.edu.sa) to support
scientific researchers of the KAUST campus. This includes the
deployment, maintenance, operation, and extension of core
visualization facilities as well as working, as part of a team, to
develop new visualization solutions to support research endeavors for
all departments at KAUST.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with a team of visualization and computer
graphics developers to generate visualization solutions for campus
scientists in a variety of scientific domains.
- Lead the KVL efforts to build, maintain, and deploy very large tiled
display systems and large graphics clusters.
- Fine-tune software and hardware visualization systems for optimal
performance, meeting regularly with team members and KAUST community
members to identify visualization requirements and plan for future
- Prepare routine system operation reports.
- Lead student interns in system extension and operation.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision in a
- Expert in building tiled displays and distributed graphics systems.
- Expert and/or knowledgeable in some of the following: SAGE, CGLX,
Chromium, Equalizer, CUDA, GPU, C, C++, Cg, Python, D3, WebGL, VTK,
Avizo, ParaView, VisIt.
- Expert in multiple areas of computer graphics including, 2d/3d
graphics techniques, image processing, and advanced rendering
- Proficient with HPC systems and technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
Email me directly (daniel.acevedo at kaust.edu.sa) if you are interested.
Daniel Acevedo-Feliz, PhD
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Building #1, Office #3419
Tel. +966 544 700334
This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely
for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have
received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete
this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or
distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing
More information about the ieee_vis_open_positions