[Ieee_vis_open_positions] FW: Postdoctoral Fellowship at HASTAC

Christopher Collins Christopher.Collins at uoit.ca
Tue Apr 30 17:00:21 CEST 2013

Please reply to David Sparks if interested, address below.

From: David Sparks <d.sparks at duke.edu<mailto:d.sparks at duke.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:40 AM
To: David Sparks <d.sparks at duke.edu<mailto:d.sparks at duke.edu>>
Cc: "Cathy N. Davidson" <cathy.davidson at duke.edu<mailto:cathy.davidson at duke.edu>>
Subject: HASTAC Post-Doc Opportunity

Hello,
I read with great interest the recent HASTAC forum on Visualization Across Disciplines<http://hastac.org/forums/visualization-across-disciplines>, and I wanted to write to you to make you aware of a great visualization-related opportunity (see attached PDF, or at hastac.org<http://hastac.org/opportunities/hastac-seeking-postdoctoral-scholar-nsf-eager-social-network-data-grant-0>), as well as to ask for your help in passing it along.

I am currently working with HASTAC as the NSF EAGER-grant-funded post-doc, tasked with studying the HASTAC network<http://hastac.org/blogs/dsparks> itself, using any and all tools, including social network analysis, data visualization, survey questionnaires, and ethnography. I will be leaving my position this summer, and we are very much hoping to find someone to continue the work I have begun.

Given your interest in data visualization, and your connections with others with similar interests, I wanted to ask if you yourself would be interested in the post-doc position, or whether you know someone who might be. Please, if you know someone with a passion for data analysis, interdisciplinary collaboration, or HASTAC itself, let them know about this opportunity. Also feel free to pass it along via Twitter or though mailing lists. If you have any questions about the nature of the position, or the work that has already been started, please do not hesitate to contact me at d.sparks at duke.edu<mailto:d.sparks at duke.edu>.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,
David

David B. Sparks, PhD
HASTAC NSF EAGER Postdoctoral Fellow
Duke University