[Ieee_vis_open_positions] Open PhD position in Visualization

Ivan Viola ivan.viola at uib.no
Fri Nov 30 15:14:21 CET 2012

Open PhD position in Visualization
http://www.jobbnorge.no/job.aspx?jobid=88348

At the Department of Informatics (http://www.uib.no/ii/en) one 4-year position
as research fellow is available within the field of informatics. This
position is part of an interdisciplinary research project
Physioillustration, which is funded by the Norwegian Research Council. The
main goal of the project is to advance visualization technology that
communicates complex biological processes and machineries in an
understandable way, conveyed along the lines of traditional craft of
illustration and 3D animation. The central research question is: “How can a
complex system of processes be visually communicated to a human in a clear
and intuitive way?”. We base our investigation on data available nowadays
in computational biology, as this scientific discipline generates data that
matches very well with the central goal of the project. The research team
will consist of visualization researchers, as the central discipline and of an
illustrator and a researcher in bioinformatics as complementary
disciplines.

For further information about the position please contact
Helwig.Hauser at uib.no (or Ivan.Viola at uib.no).

Starting salary on grade 50 (code 1017/pay framework 20.8) in the Civil
Service pay grade table; currently NOK 416 600 gross p.a.; following
ordinary meriting regulations.
Closing date for applications: 10 December 2012
--
Ivan Viola, Assoc. Prof. in Visualization
University of Bergen, Norway
mailto: ivan.viola at uib.no
skype: ivanviola
callto:+4755584282