[Ieee_vis] [CGVC '24] Deadline 17th June - Keynotes, scholarships, and registration

Elshehaly, Mai Mai.Elshehaly at city.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 10:33:07 CEST 2024

The deadline for paper and poster submissions to CGVC 2024 is fast approaching!

================

IMPORTANT DATES:

  *   Application to the giCentre-funded Nigel W. John Scholarship: Deadline on 14th June. See Scholarship details at: https://cgvc.org.uk/CGVC2024/scholarships.html

  *   The deadline for submitting a PAPER or POSTER has been EXTENDED to 17th June. See Call for Papers at: https://cgvc.org.uk/CGVC2024/cfp.html.

     *   Submission: 17 June 2024
     *   Decisions Available: 24 July 2024
     *   Camera Ready: 7 August 2024
     *   Conference: 12-13 September 2024

On behalf of the Organising Committee, I'm delighted to share some exciting updates and conference information with you.

====================

PROGRAMME UPDATES:

  *   The CGVC '24 programme is shaping up well with an excellent lineup of confirmed KEYNOTE speakers, including Petra Isenberg (https://lnkd.in/e3tWpU3F) and Rachel McDonnell (https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Rachel.McDonnell/) and an INDUSTRY KEYNOTE by Amir Hussain, CEO at https://www.yemetech.com/home

  *   We are delighted to announce a SPECIAL SESSION on Human-centred Decision-Making through Data Visualisation, with talks on cutting-edge EPSRC-funded visualisation research across the UK.

  *   Early career researchers are invited to a RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT fireside chat, where they can have relaxed and friendly conversations with established academics in the field of visualisation and visual computing.

  *   More exciting programme updates will be circulated closer to the conference date.

============================

ATTENDANCE AND REGISTRATION:

  *   Registration is now open. You can register at: https://cgvc.org.uk/CGVC2024/registration

  *   IMPORTANT: if you are planning to apply to the Nigel W. John Scholarship, please DO NOT register until you have received a decision about your scholarship application.

  *   The conference takes place on 12-13th September in LONDON. See venue details at: https://cgvc.org.uk/CGVC2024/venue-accommodation

=================

CALL FOR PAPERS:

We invite you to share your research in all areas of visual computing at the 42nd annual conference on computer graphics, visualisation, and visual computing (CGVC 2024).

CGVC, organised by the Eurographics UK Chapter, will be hosted by the giCentre at City, University of London.

The CGVC conference aims to foster greater exchange between visual computing researchers and practitioners, to welcome new researchers and industry partners in the UK, Europe and beyond into this rapidly growing area of research.

The official CFP can be found at: https://cgvc.org.uk/CGVC2024/cfp.html [cgvc.org.uk]

Please consider submitting your work to the conference and share this information with colleagues and early career researchers who may be interested in submitting.

Topics of interest:

Submissions are invited (but not limited to) Computer Graphics, Visualization, Virtual Reality, Visual Analytics, Visual Data Science, Computer Animation, Computer-based Arts and Entertainment, Image processing, Acquisition and Reconstruction Techniques, Graphics Architectures and Acceleration Hardware, Medical Imaging, Multimedia Visualisation, Computer Games, Rendering Techniques, Scientific Visualisation and Big Data, Geospatial Visualisation, Augmented Reality and Collaborative Environments, Mobile Apps and Interactive Devices, Human Computer Interaction, Robotics.

We welcome contributions in the form of full papers, short papers, and posters. Submissions are optionally single- or double-blind: authors may choose whether to anonymize their submission or not. Reviewers' identities are not revealed.

Accepted papers will appear in the Eurographics digital library and will serve as full paper publications.

Please consider submitting and joining us in London. We look forward to seeing you there.

Do contact us on chairs-cgvc2024 at eg.org<mailto:chairs-cgvc2024 at eg.org> if you have any questions.

Conference Committee:

Mai Elshehaly, Conference Chair. City, University of London

Aidan Slingsby, Programme Chair. City, University of London

David Hunter, Programme Chair. Aberystwyth University