[Ieee_vis] LEVIA 2022 - Call for Papers

gillmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de gillmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Dec 2 11:35:53 CET 2021

LEVIA 2022 (planned as hybrid event)

The 4th LEipzig symposium on Visualization In Applications (LEVIA'22)
aims at bringing together visualization scholars from all research
areas related to visualization. The focus of the symposium is to shed
a light on different application areas that enable scientific
knowledge discovery with visualizations. The program will be
structured along several visualization application areas.

IMPORTANT DATES:
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 19th
CONFERENCE DATES: April 6/7th

CALL FOR PAPERS

Means of visualization are widely used in diverse application domains
to analyze data, to facilitate hypothesis verification and generation,
to derive new data, and to discover trends, outliers and
data-dependent features. Collaborative aspects between visualization
scholars and domain experts as well as design studies and the
development of novel visualization techniques that shed a new light on
known data objects are in the scope of the symposium. We welcome
papers describing original work, i.e. hitherto unpublished scientific
or information visualization research. Suggested application domains
include, but are not limited to:

bioinformatics
business and finance
digital humanities
earth, space, and environmental sciences
geovisualization
material sciences
molecular, biomedical, and medical visualization
multimedia visualization (image/video/music)
physical sciences and engineering
social and information sciences
software visualization
text visualization
urban science
visual analytics
visualization for the masses

FULL PAPER TRACK

Full papers are only accepted in English, they should be carefully
checked for correct grammar and spelling, and authors should address
one or several application domains of visualization. Papers will be
reviewed by at least three experts in the field. Please make sure that
submissions do not substantially overlap work that has been published
elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a journal or another
conference with proceedings. In such a case, papers will be rejected
without reviews. LEVIA calls for papers having a length of 4 to 8
pages (+1 page for references). Accepted papers will receive a long
talk slot and will be published on the conference website. In
addition, we seek for a second publication realm to increase the
visibility of accepted works. More details will be announced soon.

PAPER ABSTRACT TRACK

This year, we will also provide a platform for young researchers in
applied visualization, in which they can present their research ideas
and PhD topics and discuss them with experts in the field. We welcome
abstracts in all application areas of visualization as suggested in
the call for papers. Abstracts can be submitted for the following
purposes:

discussion of a project/research idea
discussion of a PhD topic
presentation of a position, i.e., an arguable opinion about a certain topic

Abstracts are only accepted in English, they should be carefully
checked for correct grammar and spelling, and authors should address
one or several application domains of visualization. Abstracts will be
reviewed by at least two experts in the field. Please announce a
substantial overlap with further work which has been published
elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a journal or another
conference with proceedings in order to properly the purpose of your
paper.

We solicit abstract submissions (2 pages +1 page for references) that
outline a research idea. We explicitly welcome open question sections
to promote a lively discussion of the topic. Accepted abstracts will
be presented in a mixed poster/presentation session, in which each
presenter will display a poster of the respective abstract topic. In
addition, each presenter will give an elevator pitch of their research
ideas.

Selected, promising ideas will be invited to submit a full paper after
the conference, which will undergo a revision cycle that aims to
provide feedback for a minor revision. Finally, accepted full papers
will be included in the LEVIA 2020 proceedings next to the regularly
accepted full papers.