[Ieee_vis] Special Issue on the Role of Visualization in the Manufacturing Industry - EXTENDED DEADLINE

gillmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de gillmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Sun Aug 29 16:24:07 CEST 2021

Call for Papers: Special Issue on the Role of Visualization in the
Manufacturing Industry - IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications Journal

In this special issue, we aim to explore different roles of
visualization in the manufacturing industry that can benefit the
complete process of industrial production. As the creation of a
taxonomy is hard to achieve, we aim to exhibit successful approaches
for industrial production from various branches in industry.
Furthermore, we aim to bring together different actors in the field,
such as visualization researchers, research institutes, and company
fellows. Such diversity is crucial to help identify the open problems
from different aspects.

We expect visualization researchers to introduce new approaches and
technologies. The authors coming from research institutes will
emphasize open questions in industry, based on experience coming from
close collaboration with industry. Finally, we expect the authors
coming from industry to highlight best practices, present
state-of-the-art solutions, and describe challenges to drive the
future research.

Here, the goal is to generate an overview of the role of visualization
in the manufacturing industry, generate insights for visualization
researchers to this manifold application, take a first step in
understanding the state of the art of visualization in industrial
production, and help open new discussion topics between the research
community and industry professionals. We encourage authors to submit
papers in one of the following areas:

Requirements for visualization in different manufacturing industries
Successful approaches (application examples) of visualization in
different manufacturing industries
Lessons learned from collaborations between researchers and companies
in industrial manufacturing

Extended Deadline: 16 September 2021

More information for submission:
https://www.computer.org/digital-library/magazines/cg/call-for-papers-special-issue-on-the-role-of-visualization-in-the-manufacturing-industry

Petra Gospodnetic, Fraunhofer ITWM Kaiserslautern
Christina Gillmann, Leipzig University
Gerik Scheuermann, Leipzig University
Daniel Engel, BASF SE