[Ieee_vis] Computers & Graphics - Special Section on Visualization in Environmental Sciences

Karsten Rink karsten.rink at ufz.de
Tue Feb 2 14:08:03 CET 2021

**Computers & Graphics**

Call for Papers for a Special Section on
"Visualization in Environmental Sciences"

We invite contributions addressing the challenge of integrating and
visualizing environmental data for research, operations, or outreach.
Our goal is to raise awareness to the importance of visualization for
the environmental sciences and to establish a forum for
interdisciplinary discussions. Application areas include, but are not
limited to:

* Climate research, Meteorology
* Atmosphere modelling
* Geology, geography, geophysics
* Soil and groundwater research
* Energy resources
* Waste management
* Land use research
* Biodiversity and ecosystem services

Articles can be submitted starting February 1, 2021, but should be
submitted no later than July 30, 2021.

Guest Editors:
* Karsten Rink (Helmholtz-Centre for Environmental Research, Germany)
* Kathrin Feige (Deutscher Wetterdienst, Germany)
* Gerik Scheuermann (Leipzig University, Germany)

Submission instructions:
Instructions for authors and paper templates can be found on the
Computers and Graphics website:
https://www.elsevier.com/journals/computers-and-graphics/0097-8493/guide-for-authors

Best regards,
Karsten Rink