[Ieee_vis] Data Science Practitioner Study Survey Invitation

Jesse Harden jessemh at vt.edu
Thu Dec 10 13:44:50 CET 2020

Greetings,

My name is Jesse Harden, a Ph.D. student working under Dr. Chris North, who
is a faculty member in Computer Science at Virginia Tech. If you are
working in the field of data science, I invite you to participate in the
Data Science Ethnographic Study that I am working on.

If you decide to participate in this study, you will complete a 10 - 25
minute survey. As part of the study, you will answer questions about your
experience in data science endeavors, how you organize your screen when
performing different data science tasks, your experience using
computational notebooks for data science, and other related questions.
These questions will mainly be open-ended questions; I encourage you to
provide as much detail as you feel comfortable with.

Participation in this study is voluntary, and any data you provide will be
kept confidential.

If you choose to participate in this survey, you will be entered into a
drawing for 1 of 5 gift cards from Amazon worth to $50.

If you have any questions or concerns about the research, please feel free
to reach out to me at north at vt.edu.  You are not waiving any legal claims,
rights or remedies because of your participation in this research study.
If you have questions regarding your rights as a research participant,
contact the Virginia Tech HRPP Office at 540-231-3732 (irb at vt.edu).

Here is the link to the survey:
https://virginiatech.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1RGx4ZfdW9eK5HD

I hope you will choose to participate in this research.

Thank you for your time,
Jesse Harden