[Ieee_vis] CIUK 2020 | Jacky Pallas Memorial Award

Computing Insight UK CIUK at stfc.ac.uk
Mon Oct 26 09:38:24 CET 2020

CIUK 2020<https://www.stfc.ac.uk/ciuk> - Thursday 3 December
JACKY PALLAS MEMORIAL AWARD

*Deadline this Friday*

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D6AB73.5CBB3610]Last year, as we were planning for CIUK 2019, we lost an incredibly important member of the CIUK Scientific Advisory Committee with the sudden and unexpected passing of Jacky Pallas at the age of just 54. Jacky was head of e-Research at King's College London and for the last three years had been an active and vocal member of the CIUK SAC, helping to shape the direction our event has taken and pushing through many positive changes, whilst championing diversity and the inclusion of young researchers. In her memory, and in recognition of her passion for our conference, we decided to introduce an annual award that will highlight the work of an early career researcher and will allow the award winner a slot in the main programme at CIUK.

Do you supervise an early career researcher that is working on a project that has had an big impact in your field or area of science? We are currently accepting nominations for the #CIUK2020<https://www.linkedin.com/feed/hashtag/?keywords=ciuk2020&highlightedUpdateUrns=urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6726410329636564992> Jacky Pallas Memorial Award... https://www.scd.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/CIUK-2020-Jacky-Pallas-Memorial-Award.aspx. The winner will be allocated a speaking slot on the main #CIUK2020<https://www.linkedin.com/feed/hashtag/?keywords=ciuk2020&highlightedUpdateUrns=urn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A6726410329636564992> programme.

Damian

Damian Jones
CoSeC<https://www.scd.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/CoSeC.aspx> Project Office Manager
Science and Technology Facilities Council
damian.jones at stfc.ukri.org
01925 603 805

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of UKRI.