[Ieee_vis] LEVIA 2020 - Deadline Extension

gillmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de gillmann at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Aug 17 17:39:33 CEST 2020

LEVIA 2020 - Deadline Extension!

LEipzig symposium on Visualization In Applications (LEVIA) aims at
bringing together visualization scholars from all research areas
related to visualization. The focus of the symposium is to shed a
light on different application areas that enable scientific knowledge
discovery with visualizations. The program will be structured along
several visualization application areas.
COVID-19 NOTE
Due to the current pandemic the LEVIA will be held as a hybrid event.
This means that we aim to realize a physical meeting, but in case
conference participants are not allowed to travel or do not feel
comfortable with travelling, an online attendance is possible. We are
counting on around 20 participants, which falls under the legal
restrictions of the state of Saxony. Currently, the number of Covid-19
cases are extremely low and we will organize the conference providing
a hygiene concept.
IMPORTANT DATES
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 		28 AUGUST 2020 (Extended!)
NOTIFICATION: 			04 SEPTEMBER 2020
CAMERA-READY: 			18 SEPTEMBER 2020
LEVIA'20: 			15/16 OCTOBER 2020

FULL PAPER TRACK
LEVIA calls for papers having a length of 4 to 8 pages (+1 page for
references). Accepted papers will receive a long talk slot and will be
published on the conference website. In addition, we seek for a second
publication realm to increase the visibility of accepted works. More
details will be announced soon.
PAPER ABSTRACT TRACK
This year, we will also provide a platform for young researchers in
applied visualization, in which they can present their research ideas
and PhD topics and discuss them with experts in the field. We welcome
abstracts in all application areas of visualization as suggested in
the call for papers. Abstracts can be submitted for the following
purposes:
-	discussion of a project/research idea
-	discussion of a PhD topic
-	presentation of a position, i.e., an arguable opinion about a certain topic

We solicit abstract submissions (2 pages +1 page for references) that
outline a research idea. We explicitly welcome open question sections
to promote a lively discussion of the topic. Accepted abstracts will
be presented in a mixed poster/presentation session, in which each
presenter will display a poster of the respective abstract topic. In
addition, each presenter will give an elevator pitch of their research
ideas.

See https://levia.vizcovery.org/ for further details.