[Ieee_vis] CFP: Symposium on Applied Perception

Grimm, Cindy grimmc at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 4 21:46:32 CET 2020

The ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (ACM SAP) aims to advance and
promote research that crosses the boundaries between perception and
disciplines such as graphics, visualization, computer vision, haptics,
acoustics, and augmented, mixed, and virtual reality. These fields can
benefit from the exchange of ideas. The scope of the conference includes
applications and algorithms in any area of research that incorporates
elements of perception and computer science.

Our seventeenth annual event provides an intimate, immersive forum for
exchanging ideas about areas of overlapping interests. The ACM SAP 2020
conference will be held in Washington DC on the 17th and 18th of July, 2020
(co-located with SIGGRAPH). We aim to further promote communication between
the core perception and computer graphics communities.

We invite submissions of original work in all areas of applied perception.
Relevant areas include:

Modeling, rendering, and animation

Visualization

Computational aesthetics

Haptic rendering, haptic input and perception

Perception of virtual characters

Color vision and color appearance modeling

Perception of high dynamic range scenes and images

Interaction techniques and interfaces

Augmented, mixed, and virtual reality

Virtual worlds

Display technologies

Auditory display and interfaces

Perceptual auditory coding

Spatialized sound

Speech synthesis and recognition

Sensory integration

Multimodal rendering

Spatial and temporal vision

Attention and eye movements

Statistical learning and perception of natural scenes

Perception of shapes, surfaces, and materials

Biosensing including EEG

Papers

Research can be submitted as a long paper (up to 8 pages and up to 20
minute talk), a short paper (up to 4 pages and up to 15 minute talk), or as
a poster presentation (1 page abstract). All submissions should follow the
general SIGGRAPH formatting guidelines. Page limits include all references.
Diagrams and images should be represented in color where appropriate.
Papers that are not accepted will be considered for the poster session.
Authors of posters accepted by this route will, of course, have the option
to decline the opportunity to present a poster.

Deadlines:

Abstract due Tuesday, March 24th

Papers due Tuesday, March 31st

Web page: https://sap.acm.org/2020/cfp.php