[Ieee_vis] Conferences: Call to Express Interest in Remotely Participating in IEEE VR 2020

IEEE VR Publicity ieeevrpublicity at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:19:56 CET 2020

As part of our long term goal to increase the sustainability and
accessibility of the conference, this year IEEE VR 2020 (
http://ieeevr.org/2020
<https://ieeevrpublicity-dot-yamm-track.appspot.com/Redirect?ukey=1Hq7YtN0F5ozdTKqa5UIxcegrfouKuDoxHjwijz7Td2g-1941588608&key=YAMMID-57596142&link=http%3A%2F%2Fieeevr.org%2F2020>)
is hosting a collection of online social virtual spaces for people who
cannot travel to Atlanta during the week of March 22-26th. These web-based
3D spaces will be accessible in tradition browsers on most devices, and in
VR via WebVR. This experimental track is IEEE VR’s first step toward future
conferences adding even more meaningful remote experiences for people who
are not able to physically attend the conference.

As many conferences now do, IEEE VR 2020 will be live streaming video of
the technical paper sessions and keynotes (information will be available on
the VR website closer to the conference).  Taking advantage of these
streams, we are creating 3D social spaces for remote participants to
co-watch the talks with others, socialize and meet each other. We will also
use these 3D social spaces to host a virtual poster session (for a subset
of the posters whose non-attending co-authors would like to present
remotely).

We expect all of the online activities this year to take place
synchronously with the conference, which will generally be 9:00-17:00 EST
during the week of March 22-26th.