[Ieee_vis] reVISe Restructuring Proposal

Tamara Munzner tmm at cs.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 16 06:43:52 CEST 2019

The reVISe Committee was struck in February 2019 by the VEC (VIS Executive
Committee), with the mandate of creating a concrete proposal for
re-organizing the academic conferences (VAST, InfoVis, SciVis) under a
single umbrella, including paper reviewing and governance. Our intermediate
work products including summarized meeting minutes and key findings are
available at https://tinyurl.com/revise19

We now present the reVISE restructuring proposal in the form of a
slideument, at https://tinyurl.com/revise19-proposal

It begins with an executive summary, has a few words about the process, and
then has details about our proposed area model, our proposed governance
structure and papers review process that aligns with this model, and our
proposed revision of the keywords that will support it. We include a
transition plan, since these are major changes that cannot happen
instantly. The document concludes with an appendix discussing alternatives
considered.

The VEC and the three Steering Committees will meet at VIS to discuss and
make decisions about this proposal.

All attendees of VIS 2019 are invited to the Town Hall session on Wed Oct
23 from 1-2pm (in Ballroom A of the Vancouver Convention Centre).

Best Regards,
The reVISe committee: Tamara Munzner (chair), Alex Endert, Alexander Lex,
Anders Ynnerman, Christoph Garth, Min Chen, Petra Isenberg, Shixia Liu
Email:  revise at ieeevis.org