[Ieee_vis] U. of Maryland Human-Computer Interaction Lab Symposium on APRIL 4th

Theresa-Marie Rhyne theresamarierhyne at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 21:18:27 CET 2019

Dear VIS Community Colleagues:

I am pleased to be doing a tutorial on Color Fundamentals for Visualization
at the University of Maryland's Human-Computer Interaction Symposium on
April 4, 2019.  Below are the details about registration.  Hope to see some
of you in College Park, Maryland if you can make it.

*Register now for** the HCIL SYMPOSIUM *

at the UMD College Park Marriott Conference Center

Thursday APRIL 4th  9:00am -5:30pm

https://hcil.umd.edu/symposium

Be the first to review our *latest research* or learn the basics of *user
interface design* with our full and half-day*tutorials*

[image: Related image]

*Keynotes and dedicated sessions on:*

- Accessibility

- Security and Privacy

- Understanding Data

- Design

- Collaboration and Innovation

- STEM Learning and Computational Thinking

*Full and Half-Day Tutorials on:*

*- *Usability Testing

- Color Fundamentals

- Cognitive Science in HCI

Each year we draw over 200 participants from academia, industry and
government agencies.

*Limited space – Reserve now*

*https://hcil.umd.edu/symposium <https://hcil.umd.edu/symposium>*

~ ~ ~

The timing of the symposium was changed from the usual end of May to early
APRIL

in order to be *COLLOCATED* on campus with the iConference 2019

https://iconference2019.umd.edu/

"Cutting edge research, curriculum development, and 21st century challenges
in the field of information science"

--
Theresa-Marie Rhyne
(919) 608 - 3668