[Ieee_vis] TTK tutorial @ ieeevis [fixed link]

Julien Tierny julien.tierny at sorbonne-universite.fr
Fri Oct 19 06:27:10 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

(this second email includes a fixed link to the pre-installed virtual machine)
(sorry for cross-posting)

Please join us this Sunday afternoon for a half day tutorial on Topological Data Analysis with the open-source library "the Topology ToolKit" (TTK, https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/), which is organized in the context of the IEEE VIS tutorials (http://ieeevis.org/year/2018/info/tutorials).

The tutorial material (including slides, data sets and virtual machines) is already available on the tutorial web page:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/ieeeVisTutorial.html

If you consider attending our tutorial, please bring your laptop!

In order to follow the hands-on sessions, we invite you to download the tutorial data package (https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/stuff/ttk_tutorial_data.zip) and to install *before the tutorial* the git master version of TTK (https://github.com/topology-tool-kit/ttk/archive/master.zip, see the instructions on the installation page: https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/installation.html). This installation procedure takes approximately 1 hour. Please feel free to contact the user mailing list (ttk-users at googlegroups.com) if you encounter any issue.

Alternatively, you can choose the easier option of downloading a pre-installed Linux virtual machine containing all the necessary software and data packages (http://sci.utah.edu/~jtierny/ttk.ova)

We're looking forward to seeing you at the IEEE VIS TTK Tutorial!

Guillaume Favelier, Sorbonne Universite
Charles Gueunet, Kitware, Sorbonne Universite
Attila Gyulassy, SCI Institute, University of Utah
Julien Jomier, Kitware
Joshua A. Levine, University of Arizona
Jonas Lukasczyk, TU Kaiserslautern
Daisuke Sakurai, Zuse Institute Berlin
Maxime Soler , Total, Sorbonne Universite
Julien Tierny, CNRS, Sorbonne Universite
Will Usher, SCI Institute, University of Utah
Qi Wu, SCI Institute, University of Utah & UC Davis
--
Dr Julien Tierny
CNRS Researcher