[Ieee_vis] TTK 0.9.6 is out - TTK @ ieeevis - TTK @ siggraph

Julien Tierny julien.tierny at sorbonne-universite.fr
Tue Jul 31 07:40:53 CEST 2018

Dear colleagues,

(sorry for cross-posting)

### TTK 0.9.6 is out!

TTK (the Topology ToolKit) is an open-source library and a software collection
for topological data analysis and visualization:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/

## 0.9.6 ChangeLog:
- Topology aware compression (preserving persistence diagrams, ZFP support)
- Fixed performance issue with discrete gradient (thanks to Attila Gyulassy)
- New addressing scheme (allowing up to 64 bit ids), for extreme size datasets
- Automatic offset selection
- Updates for ParaView-5.5.2
- Various bug fixes
- Improved examples
- Basic windows continuous integration support
- 1000th commit!

### TTK @ ieeevis

A half day tutorial on TTK will be presented @ieeevis 2018.
Join us in Berlin to learn how to use TTK in practice and how TTK can help you
analyze and visualize your data!
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/ieeeVisTutorial.html

### TTK @ siggraph

TTK will be presented in an invited ieee-tvcg session @siggraph 2018.
If you're doing graphics, image or geometry processing, join us in Vancouver
to see how topological data analysis can help!
https://s2018.siggraph.org/session/?sess=sess311

### About

TTK can handle scalar data defined either on regular grids or triangulations,
either in 2D or in 3D. It provides a substantial collection of generic,
efficient and robust implementations of key algorithms in topological data
analysis. It includes:
- For scalar data: critical points, integral lines, persistence diagrams,
persistence curves, merge trees, contour trees, Morse-Smale complexes,
topological simplification;
- For bivariate scalar data: fibers, fiber surfaces, continuous scatterplots,
Jacobi sets, Reeb spaces;
- For uncertain scalar data: mandatory critical points;
- and more!
If you need to robustly analyze your acquired or simulated scientific data,
you may want to use TTK.
* Check out our gallery page to see visualizations we obtained with TTK:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/gallery.html

TTK makes topological data analysis accessible to end users thanks to
easy-to-use plugins for the visualization front end ParaView. Thanks to
ParaView, TTK supports a variety of input data formats.
* Check out our video tutorials to see TTK in action:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/tutorials.html

TTK is written in C++ but comes with a variety of bindings (VTK/C++, Python)
and standalone command-line programs. It is modular and easy to extend.
We have specifically developed it such that you can easily write your own data
analysis tools as TTK modules.
* Check out our developer documentation:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/documentation.html

TTK is open-source (BSD license). You can use it at your convenience, for
open-source or proprietary projects. You are also welcome to contribute.
* Check out our contribution page:
https://topology-tool-kit.github.io/contribute.html

If you have questions, need support regarding the usage of TTK, or just want
to provide feedback, thanks for sending us an email at
topology.tool.kit at gmail.com

We hope you'll enjoy TTK!
--
Dr Julien Tierny