[Ieee_vis] Announcing OpenVis Conference 2018! 🗼

Matthew Brehmer mabrehme at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 4 22:03:18 CET 2018

(forwarding on behalf of the OpenVis Programming Committee)

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2fdd39e23503c8b3240b9c949/images/eb84e249-65b2-4c71-ac91-8c796c9e1e93.png]
Announcing OpenVis Conf 2018!

Happy New Year!  We're pleased to announce that the next OpenVis Conference<http://www.openvisconf.com/#home> will be held in Paris, France, on May 14-15, 2018. (Hands-on workshops will follow on May 16.)
We have released 160 Early Access tickets<http://www.openvisconf.com/#register>, including student tickets, available until they sell out or February 15, whichever comes first.
We're actively soliciting speaker submissions<http://www.openvisconf.com/call-for-speakers/#cfp-call> until January 15!  Your voices are the ones we want to hear from, so please submit a talk or workshop idea.  We pay for speaker travel and hotel.  What a deal, Paris in the springtime!  Workshop givers will receive a free registration to the conference.  We've also posted a useful FAQ about submitting a talk<http://www.openvisconf.com/faq/#faq>.

Finally, OpenVis Conf can't exist without sponsorship. We need sponsors for our wonderful video production, for the party, for diversity scholarships, and to pay to bring speakers from across the oceans.  Please get in touch<mailto:openvisconference at gmail.com?subject=Sponsorships> if you can help.

Join us!  The conference hotel<http://www.openvisconf.com/#location> is right next to the Eiffel Tower, so you can get in some tourism along with your data visualization.

See you in Paris,
The OpenVis Programming Committee

@OpenVisConf <http://twitter.com/openvisconf>  / www.openvisconf.com<http://www.openvisconf.com/#home> / openvisconference at gmail.com<mailto:openvisconference at gmail.com?subject=About%20OpenVis> / https://www.facebook.com/openvisconf/

View this email in your browser.<http://mailchi.mp/f801edecab98/announcing-openvis-conference-2018?e=b598a72522>