[Ieee_vis] CFP: Leveraging Patient-Generated Data for Collaborative Decision Making in Healthcare - WS @ PervasiveHealth17

Bongshin Lee bongshin at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 31 19:04:57 CET 2017

***** CALL FOR PAPERS *****

Leveraging Patient-Generated Data for Collaborative Decision Making in Healthcare Workshop
at the International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare (PervasiveHealth 2017)

Date and Location: May 23, 2017 | Barcelona, Spain
Website: http://leveragingpgd.ist.psu.edu

Self-tracking has become increasingly popular both in research and practice due to an explosion of wearable sensors and mobile health (mHealth) apps, with the premise of enhancing self-knowledge, fostering reflection, and promoting behavior change. We believe that self-tracking data collected specifically by patients have great potential in the medical contexts where patients and clinicians can leverage the data for better decision making. However, in practice, it is still not clear how we can fully leverage these patient-generated data (PGD) and integrate them into the clinical workflow. We, therefore, propose a workshop to outline current challenges and research agenda in leveraging PGD in clinical practice and to bridge academic and professional communities including health informatics, human-computer interaction (HCI), information visualization (InfoVis), and medicine to discuss this topic. We plan to develop a research agenda together by discussing ongoing research, sharing challenges and best practices, and identifying open research questions. The final outcome of the workshop will include a set of concrete scenarios of PGD sharing and collaborative decision making, design rationales of the PGD sharing platforms and visualizations, evaluation criteria to assess the success of the PGD sharing, and plans for continuous efforts in the future.

=== IMPORTANT DATES ===

* March 20th, 2017: Workshop papers deadline
* April 10th, 2017: Workshop papers notification
* April 17th, 2017: Workshop papers camera ready
* May 23, 2017: Workshop

   Please note that we will *not* be able to extend the deadline.

=== TOPICS ===

Relevant workshop topics include but are not limited to:

* Scope and characteristics of patient-generated data (e.g., heterogeneity, ownership, privacy)
* Data sharing workflow including data collection, data analysis, data sharing and review
* Infrastructure and data integration
* Visualization and data exploration for patients and clinicians
* Patient-initiated tracking vs. clinician-initiated tracking
* Patient engagement with PGD in relation to different patient types and models
* Lifecycle of tracking and PGD (e.g., chronic vs. acute patient, long-term vs. short-term tracking)

   We hope to develop each of these topics further through the solicitation of the workshop papers and workshop activities including discussion, scenario development, and hands-on design exploration.

=== SUBMISSIONS ===

We invite participants to submit a position paper, up to 4 pages, using the extended abstract template that addresses the following:

* PGD sharing scenarios based on your previous / ongoing research projects and experience
* The goal of tracking & sharing, potential usefulness of the sharing, type of sharing (e.g., colocated vs. distributed, synchronous vs. asynchronous, patient-initiated vs. clinician-initiated), type of data to be shared, and current major challenges
* The research and training background of each potential participant and what they could contribute to the workshop

   Please submit the paper using the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=leveragingpgd2017

   Papers should be in pdf format and should not be anonymized. They shall use the PH2017 submission template (for details, visit http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template). Papers will be reviewed by committee members and accepted authors will present at the workshop. At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the workshop, and register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the conference.

   All accepted workshop papers will be included in the conference proceedings and published in the ACM Digital Library. They will also be indexed in: Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings, SCOPUS, DBLP, and ScienceDirect, etc.

=== ORGANIZERS ===

Eun Kyoung Choe, Pennsylvania State University, USA
Geraldine Fitzpatrick, TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), Austria
Bongshin Lee, Microsoft Research, USA
Lauren Wilcox, Georgia Tech, USA

email: leveragingPGD at gmail.com