[Ieee_vis] 2nd CfP: Visual Movement Analytics - A special issue of the Information Visualization journal

Urska Demsar urska.demsar at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Dec 5 18:10:47 CET 2016

This is the second call for contributions to the special issue of the Information Visualization journal on Visual Movement Analytics.

We are calling for papers on computational analytical techniques for movement data, supported by interactive visualisations, where visualisation provides clear advantages to reasoning about the data. We are particularly interested in visually-supported approaches that help identify appropriate scales of analysis and appropriate grouping of moving objects. Contributions can be in any application area (movement ecology, human mobility, transportation research, air traffic, marine traffic, etc.) and use any type of movement data (GPS or other trajectories, flows, presence data, eye-tracking data, etc.).

More info on specific topics and submission procedure:
http://viz.icaci.org/vcma2016/special-issue-on-visual-movement-analytics/

Papers should be formatted according to the instructions of the Information Visualisation journal and submitted through the journal webpage: http://ivi.sagepub.com/

DL for submission is 31 Jan 2017, however, we would appreciate a notification of intent at the latest by 15 Jan 2017. Further, we are accepting submissions on a rolling basis, so if your contribution is ready, feel free to submit anytime (no need to wait until the DL) and it will be processed immediately.

Best regards,
Urska Demsar, Aidan Slingsby and Rob Weibel

Dr Urska Demsar
Lecturer in Geoinformatics
School of Geography & Geosciences
University of St Andrews, Scotland, UK