[Ieee_vis] ICAT-EGVE 2016: Keynote Speakers confirmed

Dirk Reiners dirk.reiners at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 01:11:11 CEST 2016

 Dear Community,

it is with great pleasure that I announce two of our ICAT-EGVE 2016 keynote
speakers!

The first keynote will be given by Scott Parazynski, 5 time astronaut and
the only human to have been to space and the summit of Mount Everest. He
will give a talk about his perspective on Extreme Environments as a
Catalyst for Innovation, including his developments in Virtual Reality
interaction devices.

The second keynote will be given by Rudolph Darken. Many of you may know
him as the former director of the MOVES institute at the Naval Postgraduate
School in Monterey, California. He is currently finishing his J.D. degree
from the Monterey College of Law and will give a talk about Innovation,
Entrepreneurialism, and Intellectual Property from a Technologist's Point
of View.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, it is not too late to submit a paper to
ICAT-EGVE, the paper deadline is on October 7th. Demo and poster deadlines
are also coming up in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Little Rock, Arkansas, in December!

   Dirk Reiners
   ICAT-EGVE 2016 Co-Chair