[Ieee_vis] VMV 2016 - Call for Participation

Tino Weinkauf weinkauf at kth.se
Tue Sep 6 21:33:55 CEST 2016

/// VMV 2016 - Call for Participation
/// http://vmv2016.uni-bayreuth.de/

We invite you to Bayreuth, Germany, to participate in the 21st
International Symposium on Vision, Modeling and Visualization (VMV
2016). It takes place at the University of Bayreuth from October 10-12,
2016. The early bird registration deadline is coming up soon (September 11).

We compiled an exciting program with over 20 technical papers, two
poster tracks (see below for details), and three keynotes:
* Eduard Gröller (TU Wien): Visual Data Exploration
* Kai Hormann (Università Della Svizzera Italiana): Generalized
Barycentric Coordinates
* Robert Hoffmeister (Milkroom Studios GmbH): VR & AR: From Research to
the Search for Content and Markets

The festival city of Bayreuth is world-famous for its annual Richard
Wagner music festival. The baroque architecture is impressive, some of
which has been recently added to UNESCO's World Heritage list. The
presence of over 13.000 students at the University of Bayreuth ensures
an active nightlife.

The VMV Symposium series is a well-established international symposium
covering the fields of computer graphics, computer vision,
visualization, and visual analytics. VMV offers researchers the
opportunity to discuss a wide range of different topics within an open
and interdisciplinary environment.

As in previous years, the proceedings will be published in cooperation
with Eurographics. Extended versions of the three best papers will be
invited to Computer Graphics Forum.

Important Dates:
    Sep 11, 2016    Early bird registration
    Sep 18, 2016    Poster submission deadline
    Sep 25, 2016    Poster acceptance notification
    Oct 10-12, 2016	VMV 2016 Workshop in Bayreuth, Germany

Registration:

The registration is open and the early bird deadline is coming up very
soon on September 11. We have a reduced rate for Bachelor/Master/Diploma
students (certificate required). PhD students have to register as
regular participants.

The conference fee covers refreshments, snacks, lunch, and public
transport (Stadtbus) on all three days of the conference. It also
includes the conference dinner and the guided city tour. Additional
conference dinner tickets are available at the registration desk during
the conference.

Visit the following page to register:
http://vmv2016.uni-bayreuth.de/registration.html

POSTER TRACKS

In addition to the papers track, we offer a student posters track as
well as a special "nectar track".

Standard Posters Track

BSc and MSc students are encouraged to submit a poster abstract related
to any area in computer graphics, computer vision, and visualization.
Example works include, but are not limited to student projects as well
as bachelor and masters theses.

Nectar Track

We offer a special poster session for participants who do not present an
accepted paper at VMV 2016. For those people, we offer a small number of
high-profile slots in which they can display a poster that describes one
of their best conference or journal publications within the last two
years that they would like to share and discuss with the VMV 2016
participants. The goal of the nectar poster session is to provide a
compact overview of important scientific advances that the VMV community
has published elsewhere.

See you soon in Bayreuth,

Paper Co-Chairs

      Matthias Hullin