[Ieee_vis] ACM SAP Call for Posters

Andrew C Robb arobb at clemson.edu
Wed Apr 27 15:10:14 CEST 2016

CALL FOR POSTERS

ACM Symposium on Applied Perception - SAP 2016
July 22-23, 2016, Anaheim, USA

Poster submission deadline: May 10

http://sap.acm.org/2016/cfp.php

ACM SAP 2016 seeks poster submissions describing recently completed work, highly relevant works in progress, or relevant systems. A poster presentation is an opportunity for authors to display and discuss achievements that are not ready for publication or have not been published previously. The poster session is always an integral part of SAP with specific time allotted for participants to view and discuss the work. All poster presenters will have the opportunity to give a one-minute description of their work during a poster fast-forward session. Poster presentations are not formal publications. We encourage all types of scholarly poster submissions that fit the scope of ACM-SAP. Poster abstracts should follow the ACM SIGGRAPH formatting guidelines for papers, except that they should be 1 page long.

Our thirteenth annual event provides an intimate, immersive forum for exchanging ideas about areas of overlapping interests. The ACM SAP 2016 conference will be held in Anaheim, California on July 22nd and 23rd, immediately prior to the 43rd International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH). We aim to further promote communication between the core perception and computer graphics communities. Accordingly, the best posters will also be features at SIGGRAPH.

We invite submissions of original work in all areas of applied perception. Relevant areas include:

  - Modeling, rendering, and animation
  - Visualization
  - Computational aesthetics
  - Haptic rendering, haptic input and perception
  - Perception of virtual characters
  - Color vision and color appearance modeling
  - Perception of high dynamic range scenes and images
  - Interaction techniques and interfaces
  - Augmented reality
  - Virtual worlds
  - Display technologies
  - Auditory display and interfaces
  - Perceptual auditory coding
  - Spatialized sound
  - Speech synthesis and recognition
  - Sensory integration
  - Multimodal rendering
  - Spatial and temporal vision
  - Attention and eye movements
  - Statistical learning and perception of natural scenes
  - Perception of shapes, surfaces, and materials

Please refer to the call for posters (http://sap.acm.org/2016/cfp.php) for additional information, and for instructions how to submit.

DEADLINES

Posters:
  Tuesday, May 10: Poster submission deadline
  Tuesday, May 24: Decisions announced
  Tuesday, May 31: Camera ready version of 1-page abstract due

Organizers:

  Conference Chairs:
    Eakta Jain, University of Florida
    Sophie Joerg, Clemson University

  Program Chairs:
    Reynold Bailey, Rochester Institute of Technology
    Laura Trutoiu, Oculus Research

  Poster Chair:
    Andrew Robb, Clemson University