[Ieee_vis] TopoInVis 2015: Registration is open

Meghan Haley cfp at vgtc.org
Wed Mar 25 14:18:25 CET 2015

/// TopoInVis 2015 - Call for Participation

/// Topology-Based Methods in Visualization 2015
  May 20-22, 2015
  Annweiler, Germany
  http://topoinvis.org/2015/

The 2015 workshop in Annweiler, Germany follows the five successful workshops in 2005 (Budmerice, Slovakia), 2007 (Grimma, Germany), 2009 (Snowbird, USA), 2011 (Zurich, Switzerland), and 2013 (Davis, USA). It will be held in an open atmosphere of informal discussions, open exchange and personal interaction.

/// Registration is open

Please register as soon as possible, preferably before May 1st. This helps us in planning the workshop and arranging the accommodation.

 http://vis.uni-kl.de/topoinvis/registration/

We were able to keep the fee very low at 200 Euros, which includes the meals. Accommodation comes on top of that depending on the type of room. Details on the registration page.

/// Further Information

TopoInVis 2015 is held directly before EuroVis. It should be easy to attend both with one trip. Travel information is available on our website.

http://vis.uni-kl.de/topoinvis/venue/

/// Content

Topology-based methods are of increasing importance in the analysis and visualization of datasets from a wide variety of scientific domains such as biology, physics, engineering, and medicine. Current challenges of topology-based techniques include the extension of concepts to time-dependent data, the representation of large and complex datasets, the characterization of noise and uncertainty, the effective integration of numerical methods with robust combinatorial algorithms, etc.

In this forum we will bring together the most prominent and best recognized researchers in the field of topology-based data analysis and visualization for a joint discussion and scientific exchange of the latest results in the field.

At the workshop we will discuss topics, which include:

 * scalar/vector/tensor field topology
 * topology of point sets and cell complexes
 * multi-field topology
 * theoretical models
 * combinatorial methods and robustness
 * multi-scale representation models
 * higher-order topological methods
 * time-dependent methods
 * feature extraction
 * Lagrangian coherent structures
 * topology-based denoising
 * topological similarity and correlation
 * topology simplification
 * user interfaces and visualization
 * domain specific interpretation of topological constructs and results
 * efficiency of topological algorithms

Program Chairs (alphabetic order):
  Hamish Carr, University of Leeds, UK
  Christoph Garth, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
  Tino Weinkauf, KTH Stockholm, Sweden