[Ieee_vis] SC15 Doctoral Showcase - Final Deadline Extension

Joshua Levine levinej at clemson.edu
Mon Aug 10 16:26:06 CEST 2015

We have received several requests for a deadline extension. After
discussion with our review committee, we are granting *everyone* an
extension to the deadline until 2015-08-21 23:59, AOE.

More information is available at:
http://sc15.supercomputing.org/program/doctoral-showcase-program

As part of the Technical Program, the Doctoral Showcase provides an
important opportunity for students near the end of their Ph.D. to
present a summary of their dissertation research in the form of short
talks and posters.  Unlike technical paper and poster presentations,
Doctoral Showcase highlights the entire contents of each dissertation,
including previously published results, to allow for a broad
perspective of the work.

Submissions will be accepted for the Dissertation Research Showcase
track for Ph.D. students who will be graduating in the next 12 months.
This track provides a venue for Ph.D. students to present a summary of
their latest and systematic dissertation research. It provides an
opportunity to educate junior graduate students working in high
performance computing areas. This program also provides an ideal
opportunity for prospective employers in academia, research
laboratories and industry to interact with prospective Ph.D.s.

SC15 Doctoral Showcase Chair
Melissa C. Smith (Clemson University)
SC15 Doctoral Showcase Vice Chair
Volodymyr Kindratenko (National Center for Supercomputing Applications)