[Ieee_vis] IEEE VIS 2014 CFP: Workshop on Visualization Literacy

cfp at vgtc.org cfp at vgtc.org
Wed Jul 23 16:40:01 CEST 2014

 IEEE VIS 2014

VISUALIZATION LITERACY WORKSHOPVisLit 2014 @ IEEE VIS 2014

  Nov. 9 or 10, Paris, France co-located with IEEE VIS 2014
http://www.visualizationliteracy.org [1]
   Overview ------------
 We invite you to contribute to VisLit 2014, the international workshop on
visualization literacy. In spite of substantial advance in various
visualization techniques, our understanding on how well these advanced
visualizations are comprehended by users, or what we call “visualization
literacy,” is quite limited. As a sequel to the visualization literacy
workshop in EuroVis
(https://www.kth.se/profile/178785/page/eurovis-2014-workshop-towards-visualiza/
[2]), this workshop will investigate the visualization literacy problem.
Unlike other workshops that promote discussion around position papers, this
workshop will be based on actual participation of creating visualization
literacy measures. The organizers will prepare a web-based platform, and
participants can actually create questions to test visualization literacy,
solve others’ questions, and discuss around questions. We believe that
such hands-on experiences will greatly promote the quality of discussion as
well as come closer to having a tangible visualization literacy measuring
tool. We will also recruiting world-leading panelists in this topic, so
that participants are properly informed before actively participating in
the workshop.
 Please sign up for the Google Group if you are interested, so that we can
inform you when the platform is available.
 Join our group here [3]
 The platform will be available on the following URL.
 http://www.visualizationliteracy.org [4]
   Important Dates  ----------------------
 October 15, 2014: Open platform on visualizationliteracy.org [5] November
9 or 10, 2014: VisLit workshop (full day)
 Contact: Sung-Hee Kim, Purdue University, IN, USA Jeremy Boy, INRIA,
France Sukwon Lee, Purdue University, IN, USA Niklas Elmqvist, University
of Maryland, College Park, MD, USA Ji Soo Yi, Purdue University, IN, USA

Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/

Links:
------
[1] http://www.visualizationliteracy.org/