[Ieee_vis] CFP: The Urban Visualization 2014 Workshop (in conjunction with Siggraph Asia 2014)

Huamin Qu huamin at cse.ust.hk
Mon Jul 14 16:18:07 CEST 2014

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Urban Visualization 2014 Workshop

in conjunction with Siggraph Asia 2014

3 December 2014, Shenzhen, China

http://vis.pku.edu.cn/wiki/conferences/urbanvis2014/start

UrbanVis 2014, a workshop in conjunction with SIGGRAPH AISA 2014, will be
held on December 3, 2014 at the Convention & Exhibition Center, Shenzhen,
China. It aims to bring together researchers and practitioners from
academia, government and industry to address the needs in urban planning,
urban management and urban service with novel and insightful visualization
and analysis techniques. We are interested in various urban topics covering
transportation, social network, environment, energy, etc. We seek
theoretical as well as practical papers on techniques, tools and
applications related to urban visualization.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

*	Theories, conceptual models for urban visualization
*	Infrastructures of urban visualization
*	Visualization of urban transportation
*	Visualization of social media

!$        Visualization of environmental pollution

!$        Visualization of urban demographics

!$        Visualization of urban energy usage

!$        Visualization to support urban planning

!$        Visualization to support public engagement

!$        Visualization to support emergency management

!$        Case studies on urban visualization

!$        Evaluation methodologies and guidelines

Paper submissions can be up to eight pages long including bibliography and
appendices. All papers must be original, unpublished works, written and
presented in English. The papers must be prepared according to the ACM
SIGGRAPH publication guidelines
<http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors> .

All papers should be submitted electronically via our EasyChair submission
site. The papers will be peer-reviewed by workshop organizers. For each
accepted paper, at least one of authors should attend the workshop and
present their paper.

Important Dates

Paper submission deadline

        July 30, 2014

Notification of acceptance

        August 30, 2014

Camera-ready papers due

        September 15, 2014

Workshop

        December 3, 2014

The workshop website:
http://vis.pku.edu.cn/wiki/conferences/urbanvis2014/start

Organizers:

Baoquan Chen, Shandong University

Huamin Qu, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Claudio Silva, New York University

Xiaoru Yuan, Peking University

Yu Zheng, Microsoft Research Asia

Huamin Qu

Associate Professor

Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Phone: +852-2358-6985

Web: www.cse.ust.hk/~huamin