[Ieee_vis] CfP: Visualization in Medicine in Life Sciences III

Lars Linsen l.linsen at jacobs-university.de
Thu Sep 19 19:18:35 CEST 2013

                          CALL FOR PAPERS

        Visualization in Medicine and Life Sciences III

                  published by Springer Verlag

We solicit research and survey papers for the Springer book on

"Visualization in Medicine and Life Sciences III". Papers shall discuss

visualization research with application in medicine and life sciences

at large. Research papers have to discuss original, unpublished work.

All submitted papers will undergo a thorough (single-blind) review process.

Like the first two Springer books on "Visualization in Medicine and

Life Sciences (VMLS)", this book will be published by Springer-Verlag within
the

series on "Mathematics+Visualization". The first two books VMLS I and VMLS
II

were both one of the top 50% most downloaded eBooks in the relevant

Springer eBook Collection in 2012. Since its online publication on October

23, 2007, the VMLS I book has had a total of 5,564 chapter downloads on

SpringerLink. The VMLS II book has had 2,775 chapter downloads within the

last 3 years.

Deadlines:

The abstract submissions are due October 24, 2013.

The full paper submissions are due October 31, 2013.

Formatting:

We request that you format your paper in accordance with the Springer

guidelines for contributed books. The LaTeX template is available at

http://www.springer.com/authors/book+authors?SGWID=0-154102-12-970131-0

using the "contributed books" link. There you will also find our "manuscript

guidelines" and some "Key style points".

Paper length:

Research papers may be up to 20 pages in length,

survey papers may be up to 25 pages in length.

Submission:

Please submit through the  Springer Online Submission:

http://senldogo0039.springer-sbm.com/ocs/conference/submitpaperto/VMLS2013.

Unfortunately, we had to find out that the Springer submission system is
using

German language. However, it should be clear what to enter, namely

Title, Keywords, Abstract, List of Authors (first name, last name, e-mail
address),

and Paper. If you have problems, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Lars Linsen, Bernd Hamann, and Hans-Christian Hege

Co-editors