[Ieee_vis] CFP: BioVis 2013 (@VIS) Contest Entries

BioVis 2013 cfp at vgtc.org
Wed Jun 19 00:11:05 CEST 2013

Greetings from the BioVis Data Analysis Contest;

The contest entry deadline is fast approaching (August 2nd), and we have great news to announce:

Everyone Wins!  In addition to rustling awards for the top entries, we have secured a publication venue for all of the contest entries through BMC.

So, if you're working on an entry, polish it up, and if you haven't started, get cracking!   All accepted entries will be eligible to submit a full manuscript for publication (author fees are still being worked out), but you've got to send in a contest entry to get invited for the publication!

As a reminder, this year's contest focuses on protein sequence and function.  Whether you're a network modeler, a 3D structure renderer, or a metadata-mapper, you've got something valuable to contribute, and we'd love to have an entry from you.

We are happy to accept entries that range from full solutions to the challenge, all the way to design studies that propose better ways of representing protein physical properties.  The field is wide open, if you're involved in visualization,  we guarantee, something you do, would be a valuable contribution!  (And, if you're entering the Redesign contest, a write-up of the design decision logic, would be a great entry for the Data Analysis contest too!)

All you need to enter, is a short (up to 4 pages) abstract-format description of your entry, and a short video or powerpoint presentation explaining your work, submitted by August 2nd.  Full manuscripts for publication will be solicited later.

For more information about, or to acquire the data for the Data Analysis Contest, please visit:

http://biovis.net/contest

And for the Redesign Contest, please visit:

http://biovis.net/year/2013/info/redesign-contest

Thanks for your time and interest,
Will Ray
Christopher Bartlett