[Ieee_vis] Special Issue of IEEE Computer

IEEE Computer: Special Issue cfp at vgtc.org
Mon Apr 2 22:10:09 CEST 2012

Dear Visualization Colleagues,

Given that the IEEE Visualization Week 2012 deadline is past ...
we would like to let all know of a special issue of IEEE Computer
Magazine that we are co-guest editing:

The topic is on Cutting-Edge Research in Visualization for the May
2013 IEEE Computer Magazine issue.

Our CFP is online at:
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/cocfp5

Papers are due *** October 1, 2012 ***

This special issue intends to highlight major research challenges in
this field. Authors are invited to address a current cutting-edge
research topic in visualization with regard to what researchers could
or should achieve in the next 5, 10, or 15 years. This involves
reflection on how such a research topic has evolved over the past 25
years as well as projections for what might develop and evolve in the
future.

Please do consider contributing a paper to our special issue.

Though we do not anticipate any problem with the submission system, it
would be helpful, if you could send us an email to let us know the
title and the author list of the article, preferably around September
15, 2012, so that we can be on the look out for your paper.

Best wishes,

Theresa-Marie Rhyne   and   Min Chen
<theresamarierhyne at gmail.com>, <min.chen at oerc.ox.ac.uk>