[Ieee_vis] CFP: Visweek'11 "Meet the Faculty/PostDoc Candidate"

Liz Marai marai at cs.pitt.edu
Wed Oct 5 01:37:16 CEST 2011

Dear Vis community,

This year's IEEE Visualization conference is organizing a "Meet the
Faculty/PostDoc Candidate" poster event, to help graduating students
break on the job market.
The event will take place at the conference, on Thursday October 27th
@6:30pm in the Visweek Poster Area. It is an opportunity to learn
about the graduating students' work, and to meet and chat with the
said graduating students before the official academic search season
opens.

We would like to encourage visualization research graduating students
to sign up for a poster slot. To sign up, please go through the
Compass link on the Visweek'11 home page:
http://www.visweek.org/visweek/2011/info/volunteer/professionals-compass
You will need your Compass username and password, which are included
in your Visweek registration confirmation email.

Posters need to follow the Visweek poster formatting guidelines: The
posters themselves have no predefined formatting, but dimensions may
not exceed 4' x 4'.

We have 20 poster slots available; first come, first served.

We would also like to encourage everyone to attend the poster session
on Thursday October 27th, 6:30pm-8pm, Posters Area.

Wearing my Vis'11 Doctoral Colloquium chair hat,
-- Liz
--
G. Elisabeta Marai
Assistant Professor