[Ieee_vis] Update on EuroVis 2011 -- please forget the EuroVis 2010 Call for Posters as sent to this list a few days ago!

Helwig Hauser Helwig.Hauser at uib.no
Mon Mar 28 22:48:52 CEST 2011

Dear all!

A few days ago an older eMail from 2010 with subject ''CFP: EuroVis 2010
- Call for Posters'' was erroneously re-distributed across this eMail
list.

To make sure that no misunderstanding is generated, we'd like to note
that of course there is no relation to EuroVis 2011 (the deadline for
submitting poster proposals to EuroVis 2011 was already March 11 [1]).

With respect to EuroVis 2011, we can report the following news:
(1) Recently, after the second review cycle, the final decisions were
     made wrt. which *papers* finally are accepted for EuroVis 2011 --
     a list of accepted papers is available via the following URL:
     http://www.uib.no/eurovis2011/program.php
(2) We are glad to announce two highly interesting *invited speakers*:
     Scott McCloud (keynote) and M. Eduard Gröller (capstone), see also
     http://www.uib.no/eurovis2011/speakers.php
(3) While the there is still time until mid-April to enjoy the benefits
     of the early-bird registr. fees -- *registration* is possible via
     http://www.uib.no/eurovis2011/registration.php --, we strongly
     advice to secure *accommodation* in Bergen as early as possible!
     http://www.uib.no/eurovis2011/hotels.php provides information
     about rooms that we have pre-booked for EuroVis 2011 participants.

Best regards
and ''see you in Bergen soon! :-)'',
Helwig Hauser, together with the entire EuroVis organization team.

[1] http://www.uib.no/eurovis2011/posters.php
--
Dr. Helwig Hauser, professor in visualization
Helwig.Hauser at UiB.no, callto:+47/55584380, http://www.ii.UiB.no/vis/