[Ieee_vis] EuroVis 2011 CFP

EuroVis 2011 CFP cfp at vgtc.org
Thu Nov 4 03:11:28 CET 2010

  EuroVis 2011: Call for Papers
-+
  || Visualization Symposium in Bergen, Norway; www.UiB.no/EuroVis2011
  || Dates: May 31 (EuroVA), then EuroVis on June 1--3, 2011
  || Abstracts due Nov. 26, 2010,
  || Papers due Dec. 3, 2010

-+  With this *call for papers*,
  |  we invite the active participation in *EuroVis 2011*
  |  with the presentation of *high-quality visualization research*.

-+  EuroVis 2011,
  |  i.e., the *Eurographics/IEEE Symposium on Visualization*,
  |  is annually organized
  |  by the Eurographics Working Group on Data Visualization
  |  and the IEEE Visualization and Graphics Technical Committee.
  |  General URL: http://www.EuroVis.org/

-+  In 2011, the symposium is located in *Bergen, Norway*,
  |  continuing an already extensive series of earlier meetings,
  |  consisting of *12 EuroVis/VisSym events* in the years 1999--2010
  |  (most recently in Bordeaux, Berlin, Eindhoven, and Norrkˆping),
  |  as well as *9 EG ViSC Workshops* in the years 1990 to 1998.
  |  Bergen is a historic port-town on the scenic west coast
  |  of Norway, also called the *gateway to the fjords*.

!!  Important note:
!!  Early June is amongst the few very best weeks in the year
!!  to visit Bergen and it is very, very popular during this time --
!!  early booking of accomodation (before April!) is strongly
!!  recommended to avoid problems with the travel planning.

-+  Papers accepted for EuroVis 2011
  |  are published in a special issue of *Computer Graphics Forum*,
  |  i.e., The Int'l Journal of the Eurographics Association,
  |  after a *two-staged peer-reviewing process*.

-+  Submissions should be 9 pages (at most),
  |  excluding references, and 10 pages (at most), in total.

-+  Abstracts are due *Nov. 26, 2010*,
  |  and full papers on *Dec. 3, 2010*
  |  (more dates further below).

-+  Suggested topics for research papers include (but are not
  |  limited to):

  *  Visualization Taxonomies and Models

  *  Spatial Data in Visualization:
     visualization of scalar, vector, and tensor fields,
     multi-field, multi-variate, and multi-dimensional visualization,
     multi-resolution techniques, visualization of irregular and
     unstructured grid data, geographic data, and molecular data

  *  Non-Spatial Data:
     visualization of graphs and trees, high-dimensional data,
     dimensionality reduction for visualization, ambient information
     in visualization, text and document visualization, and
     the visualizaiton of time series data

   * Large Data Visualization:
     visualization of time-varying data, streams,
     compression techniques, parallel and distributed visualization,
     scalability, visualization over networks, visualization
     hardware and acceleration techniques

   * Visualization Techniques:
     metrical, geometrical, topological, pixel-oriented, point-based,
     volume-based, icon-/glyph-based, graph-based, feature-based,
     hierarchical, illustrative, view-dependent, focus+context,
     statistical, and animated visualization techniques

   * Visual Analytics, Visual Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery:
     in particular the integration of computational approaches
     with interactive visualization, visualization for
     exploration, analysis, and presentation

!!  Please note that EuroVis is open to all kinds of high-quality
!!  visualization works, especially also to visual analytics --
!!  in coordination with EuroVA, we invite researchers in the field
!!  of visual analytics to submit full paper submissions to EuroVis
!!  and short papers / posters to EuroVA (later deadline).

   * Interaction:
     human-computer interaction for visualization, interaction design,
     zooming and navigation, linking & brushing, coordinated multiple
     views, data editing, manipulation, and deformation, guided
     visualization and interactive visual storytelling

   * General Topics:
     visual design, cognition, perception, and aesthetics,
     uncertainty, design studies, novel algorithms and mathematics,
     presentation/production/dissemination, collaborative and
     distributed visualization, mobile/ubiquitous visualization,
     visualization systems, problem-solving environments,
     virtual environments, sonification and haptics,
     visualization for the masses

   * Evaluation and User Studies:
     task and requirements analysis, metrics and benchmarks,
     qualitative evaluation, quantitative evaluation,
     laboratory studies, field studies, usability studies

   * Application Areas of Visualization:
     in the physical sciences, bioinformatics and in life sciences,
     and in engineering, geographic and earth/space/environmental
     visualization, information sciences, software and financial
     visualization, and applications in the humanities,
     social sciences, and education

-+  Important dates:
  |  2010, Nov. 26: abstracts due
  |  2010, Dec.  3: full papers due, then reviewing cycle #1
  |  2011, Feb. 11: notifications (after reviewing cycle #1)
  |  2011, Mar.  4: minor revisions due (for 2nd reviewing)
  |  2011, Mar. 11: poster submissions due
  |  2011, Mar. 18: final decisions (after 2nd reviewing)
  |  2011, Apr.  4: poster notifications
  |  2011, Apr.  6: camera-ready papers due

-+  Symposium chairs:
  |  *Helwig Hauser*, University of Bergen, Norway
  |  *Hanspeter Pfister*, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
  |  *Jarke van Wijk*, Eindhoven Univ. of Technology, The Netherlands

-+  Links and further information:
  |  EuroVis URL: http://www.UiB.no/EuroVis2011/
  |  Twitter: http://Twitter.com/EuroVis2011/
  |  EuroVis 2011 is also on Facebook
  |  Or: http://www.EuroVis.org/

  || Co-located event: EuroVA 2011
  || EuroVis Workshop on Visual Analytics
-+
  || Workshop in Bergen, Norway; www.EuroVA.org
  || Date: May 31, 2011, preceding EuroVis

-+  EuroVA 2011
  |  (following EuroVAST in 2010)
  |  is the second international *workshop on visual analytics*,
  |  held in Europe.

-+  It aims
  |  at promoting and advancing the combination and integration
  |  of methods for interactive visualization and computational
  |  analytics for the purpose of problem solving in a variety
  |  of application domains (engineering, business, public
  |  policy, medicine, security, etc.).

-+  EuroVA 2011 is held on *May 31st, 2011, in Bergen, Norway*,
  |  co-located with the annual EuroVis 2011 conference
  |  (www.UiB.no/EuroVis2011).

-+  The EuroVA 2011 program will include one *invited speaker*

-+  EuroVA web page: www.EuroVA.org
  |  Short paper *submission deadline for EuroVA: Feb. 18th, 2011*
  |  (short papers are up to a maximum of 4 pages in length)

-+  Workshop chairs: