[EvA] Hill Climbing/NM settings

L Chris Schoening l.schoening.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 13:21:49 CET 2012

Hi there,

I was looking for an optimization toolbox for Java and discovered this
EvA2 project. For my research I will probably use some different
optimization techniques but for sure Nelder-Mead as deterministic and
probably EA. Now I started to try and validate the performance between
EvA2 and the Matlab optimization toolbox but it is not working at all
for me.

At first the examples on the download page are offline but never mind
inside the source code of the normal EvA2Base package are a couple of
examples but unfortunately no one for Hill Climbing. Could someone give
me a hint how to set the starting points inside my problem and different
termination criteria, cause currently I am a bit stuck how to do this...

Cheers
Chris