[EvA] plugging my own RNG into EvA2

Marcel Kronfeld marcel.kronfeld at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Jan 29 09:42:20 CET 2010

Gopinath Asutosh wrote:
> I am new to Evolutionary Optimisation techniques and find Eva very helpful
> in mylearning process.
> I want to use my own RNG( like Fibonacci algorithm) in the DE optimiser for generating the population.
> Is it possible using EvA2 GUI or API?

Hi there,

I think the best way would be to implement your own Random class
(extending java.util.Random). If you have an own Random implementation,
you can simply plug it into EvA2 in the RNG class (eva2.tools.math.RNG)
by changing RNG's Random instance to your new type. RNG is used
throughout EvA2 for random number generation.

We would be quite interested whether you receive any significantly
different results in just changing the random number generator, so be
welcome to keep in touch with us.

Best wishes,
  Marcel Kronfeld

--
 Dipl.-Inform. Marcel Kronfeld
 Wilhelm-Schickard-Institute for Computer Science

 Phone: (+49/0)-7071-29-78987, Fax: (+49/0)-7071-29-5091
 EMail: marcel.kronfeld at uni-tuebingen.de