[EvA] NullPointerException when post processing

Marcel Kronfeld marcel.kronfeld at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Feb 3 10:49:33 CET 2009

Chloe Bracis wrote:
> I was attempting to follow the example, http://www.ra.cs.uni-tuebingen.de/software/EvA2/EvA2Doc/EvA2Doc_node30.html
> , but received a NullPointerException (OptimizerFactory line 826).
> The problem appears to be that Processor.performPostProcessing()
> returns the post processing results, but OptimizerRunnable doesn't
> store them (line 95).

Hi there and thanks for the note,

you unluckily found a bug not yet cleared in the online version. It
should help to replace line 215 in Processor.java:
---
resultPop = performPostProcessing();
---
by
---
resultPop = performPostProcessing();
if (resultPop==null) {
resultPop = goParams.getOptimizer().getAllSolutions().getSolutions();
}
---

I will hopefully consolidate an updated online version in the coming
week. And BTW, the mailing list is rather new and hasnt been very
active, so you didnt miss much. However I have no problem accessing the
archive... whats the error message you received?

Best wishes,
  Marcel Kronfeld

--
 Dipl.-Inform. Marcel Kronfeld
 Wilhelm-Schickard-Institute for Computer Science

 Phone: (+49/0)-7071-29-78987, Fax: (+49/0)-7071-29-5091
 EMail: marcel.kronfeld at uni-tuebingen.de