[afgn] GARNet2016

Marília Kaphan Freitas de Campos marilia.campos at zmbp.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue May 31 15:06:49 CEST 2016

A reminder for you and your lab-mates to register for 'GARNet2016:
Innovation in the Plant Sciences' meeting. September 6th-7th 2016 in Cardiff.

http://garnet2016.weebly.com/

Thanks to the support or our sponsors we have at least £500 available to support the transport and conference accommodation costs of UK-based PhD students.
http://garnet2016.weebly.com/sponsors.html

This money will be distributed on a first come, first-serve basis.
Please contact Geraint Parry (geraint at garnetcommunity.org.uk) about the availability of these travel scholarships.

GARNet has put together a set of talks on a broad range of subjects that are all linked by their use of novel experimental techniques.

Session 1: Frontiers in Plant Imaging
Session 2: Enabling the Translational Pipeline Session 3: Plant Synthetic Biology Session 4: Genomics tools for Gene Discovery Session 5: Cell Signaling

http://garnet2016.weebly.com/scientific-programme.html

In addition we will have three workshops that aim to introduce new technologies that are available to plant scientists:

* Pre-Meeting Workshop: Finding your Arabidopsis Gene in Wheat.
Organiser: Philippa Borrill and Cristobal Uauy

* Workshop 1: Usage and Application development within Araport.
Organisers: Agnes Chan and Chris Town

* Workshop 2: Introduction to CRISPR-Cas, troubleshooting target design and verification of mutants. Organisers: Amanda Hopes and Vladimir Nekrasov

We encourage young researchers to participate in our extended poster session and to apply to give a 2 minute flash presentation.

All information about registration, conference accomodation and the scientific programme can be found at: http://garnet2016.weebly.com/

Please pass this information onto anyone who you think will be interested in this meeting. If you have any questions please contact Geraint Parry geraint at garnetcommunity.org.uk

--
Please encourage your colleagues to sign up for the ArabUK Newsgroup.
Guaranteed no spam!

Dr Geraint Parry
http://www.garnetcommunity.org.uk/
geraintparry.weebly.com