[afgn] ERC postdocs at the JIC

Marilia K. F. de Campos marilia.campos at zmbp.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Aug 1 15:44:29 CEST 2016

 From Levi Yant"

Genome duplication, gene flow, and adaptation at the John Innes Centre

We seek big-question-oriented postdocs to join us to work on
fundamental problems in evolutionary genomics. We offer a highly
interdisciplinary environment with outstanding institutional support
and funding.

Two ERC grants have just been won by the Yant lab and our very close
collaborators, the Bomblies lab (also at JIC). This greatly enhances
an ambitious programme in evolutionary genomics in Norwich.
Additionally, we have many collaborations with diverse European
groups, offering you outstanding potential for professional development.

Current projects have an explicitly phenotype-first orientation,
aiming to determine the genetic basis and evolutionary repeatability
of adaptation to intense, quantifiable selection pressures, both
environmental and intracellular.

We do this by applying large-scale population genomics to wild plant
populations that have evolved to overcome demonstrable hazards. We
currently focus on adaptation to genome duplication as well as
adaptation to highly challenging, quantifiable environmental stressors
in species ranging from Arabidopsis arenosa, to Chamerion
angustifolium, to Mimulus guttatus and back throughout the
Brassicaceae to A. lyrata and A. thaliana.

See http://yant.jic.ac.uk for more details.

For further information and details of how to apply, please visit our
web site,
ac.uk/training-careers/vacancies/2016/07/postdoctoral-researcher1003083/

Salary on appointment will be within the range £30,500 to £37,500 per
annum depending on qualifications and experience. This post is for a
contract of 36 months.

Early application is encouraged, but the deadline for application is
30 August 2016.

--
Please encourage your colleagues to sign up for the ArabUK Newsgroup.
Guaranteed no spam!

Dr Geraint Parry
http://www.garnetcommunity.org.uk/
geraintparry.weebly.com