[afgn] Fwd: Fw: Postdoc position available - UVR8 signalling pathway

Luise Brand luise.brand at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 7 17:38:21 CEST 2015

From: Roman Ulm
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 4:17 PM
To: Roman Ulm
Subject: Postdoc position available - UVR8 signalling pathway

Dear Colleagues,

We seek an excellent postdoc to study UV-B perception and signalling
in plants. I would highly appreciate if you could assist in this
search and forward this information to appropriate candidates (PDF for
a hang-out attached).

Many thanks and best wishes,

Roman

Postdoctoral position available
UV-B Perception and Signalling
University of Geneva, Switzerland

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to study the
molecular mechanisms of UV-B perception and signalling. Our group has
a strong interest in early UV-B photoreceptor-mediated events
regulating UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and acclimation in plants
(for more information on our group please see
http://biveg.unige.ch/labs/ulm and selected key publications listed
below).

We are looking for talented, promising new team members. The
successful candidate is highly motivated, has a strong interest in
photobiology and demonstrated expertise in molecular biology,
biochemistry or related (first author publication). Previous
substantial experience with molecular techniques is essential.

Please send a single PDF file, including curriculum vitae, copies of
most recent diplomas, motivation letter and contact details of 2-3
references by e-mail to Roman Ulm (roman.ulm at unige.ch).

Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.

3 Selected Publications:

Heijde and Ulm (2013) Reversion of the Arabidopsis UV-B photoreceptor
UVR8 to the homodimeric ground state. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110:
1113-1118.

Rizzini et al. (2011) Perception of UV-B by the Arabidopsis UVR8
protein. Science 332: 103-106.

Favory et al. (2009) Interaction of COP1 and UVR8 regulates
UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and stress acclimation in Arabidopsis.
EMBO J. 28: 591-601.

Complete list of publications:
http://www.unige.ch/sciences/biologie/bioveg/ulm/pages/publications.htm

Roman Ulm