[afgn] Fwd: 3rd circular: Black Forest Summer School 2015 on NGS data for phylogenetics; EARLY BIRD ENDS

Luise Brand luise.brand at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 21 15:57:50 CEST 2015

Betreff: 	3rd circular: Black Forest Summer School 2015 on NGS data for phylogenetics; EARLY BIRD ENDS
Datum: 	Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:09:11 +0200
Von: 	Stefan Rensing <stefan.rensing at biologie.uni-marburg.de>
An: 	BFSS 2015 <bfss2015 at plantcode-mail.biologie.uni-marburg.de>

´To see the (Black) Forest for the trees´: NGS data for phylogenetics

Sep 14th-17th 2015 (Herzogenhorn resort, Black Forest)
http://plantco.de/BFSS2015/

3rd announcement; registration is open until July 20th;
early bird registration ends April 29th.

We thank you for forwarding this announcement to potentially interested
parties.

In a nutshell:
This summer school on bioinformatics is intended for MSc/PhD students
and early career postdocs with molecular biology background. Expert
lectures & cutting−edge workshops, secluded venue and participant
presentations ensure high knowledge gain and scientific exchange. We
will not teach you how to program − we will teach you how to use
existing tools in order to process NGS data and to infer phylogenies.

Topics include:
Processing of NGS data, mapping and assembly, analysis oof RNA-seq data,
variant calling, principles of phylogenetics and "how to do my own
phylogeny". The summer school will feature invited expert lectures and
workshops as well as industry exhibits.

Venue:
The registration fee (EUR 380.- early bird, EUR 430.- after April 29th)
includes accommodation in the sports training resort ´Herzogenhorn´ in
the middle of scenic Black Forest (one hour from Freiburg). The fee lso
includes meals, social events, school materials and shuttle transfer
from Feldberg Bärental train station.

Contributed presentations:
Particpants are highly encouraged to present their work as a short talk
(to be selected by the organizers) or as a poster. Interaction between
participants and lecturers will provide fruitful knowledge gain and new
ideas. The summer school language is English.

--
Black Forest Summer Schools are organized by a charity organization
headed by Prof. Stefan Rensing, University of Marburg.