[Ieee_vis] [CfP] IUI Workshop on Visualization and Provenance Across Domains

John Wenskovitch johnwenskovitch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 19:51:05 CET 2023

We are organizing a workshop at IUI focused on data and interaction
provenance, visualization, and intelligent systems and interfaces.  Please
see the details of the call below:

*Scope of Topics*

We aim to further the provenance endeavors in the IUI community by
targeting interface applications, user evaluations, and explanations of
provenance information. Examples of challenges in these areas include
training data provenance, the use of generative AI tools, and understanding
the user psychology surrounding interactions with provenance
visualizations. This also includes identifying emerging provenance research
opportunities, such as its role in supporting Machine Learning and
Explainable AI. Through this workshop, we aim to bridge connections with
diverse IUI communities, facilitating a deeper understanding of their
unique challenges and needs, and fostering discussions on innovative
solutions

While we are interested in any submissions at the intersection of
provenance and visualization, we are especially focused on:

- What are the opportunities for provenance in emerging research areas such
as machine learning reproducibility?
- What are the most pressing provenance-related challenges in the IUI
community? Are there any visualization-related solutions to them? For
example,
     - What visualization or user interface techniques may be used to
describe retrospective and prospective provenance data that are more
interactive, scalable, and user-friendly?
     - How can provenance visualizations (of the data collection, decision
processes, or current users interactions) support machine learning
explanations?
- What can we learn when contrasting the problems of these two communities?
Is there any interface design problem that can benefit from a data
provenance method?

*Important Dates*

January 16, 2024: Paper submission deadline
February 9, 2024: Paper author notification
March 1, 2024: Paper camera-ready version deadline