[Ieee_vis] Call for Submissions - Frontiers in Bioinformatics - Research Topic on Networks and Graphs

Ray, William ray.29 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 20 21:05:25 CEST 2023

We would like to invite you to submit an article to the Frontiers in Bioinformatics Research Topic issue on Networks and Graphs in Biological Data: Current Methods, Opportunities and Challenges.

Mentors, this would be a great opportunity for trainees to submit an article, and we would look favorably on good solid ‘the state of the art for scientists in another domain’ contributions on network/graph fundamentals.

Our goal is to make this issue a reference issue on the current state of the art in networks and graphs in biological data. We welcome reviews on current methods, articles on current research, articles on where the field could use some improvements, and any other articles that would interest you in this domain.

By highlighting both the current best practices for biological end-users, and areas where current tools could be improved, this Research Topic aims to improve the utilization of network visualization and analytics in the biological sciences, bring potential areas for new contributions to the attention of the broader graph/network community, and invite improvements from areas such as transportation network graphs that have useful but as-yet unexploited applications to biological data.

Abstract submission deadline: 31 October 2023
Manuscript submission deadline: 05 January 2024

For a more in-depth description of the topic and information on how to submit, please visit the topic page: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/43810/networks-and-graphs-in-biological-data-current-methods-opportunities-and-challenges

We look forward to your submission.

William C Ray, Nationwide Children's Hospital, Columbus, USA
Christopher W. Bartlett, The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Hsiang-Yun Wu, Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, Austria